ACC Medlink is a leader in medical transportation for the state of Illinois. The company offers transport services for trips of 200 miles or more to any city within the United States. Its comfortable vehicles have the latest technology to keep a loved one safe and are staffed by licensed professionals to provide quality care. The vehicles also have three beds and an entertainment system to accommodate family members traveling with their relative.
ACC Medlink provides medical professionals and caretakers in its medical crews. These personnel have extensive experience with providing care for a number of health conditions. The company’s focus is on providing personalized care and support while transporting the patient in a timely manner. The team will arrange the entire trip from beginning to end and care for the patient like they would their own family members.
ACC Medlink provides the following medical transport services in Illinois:
• Long-distance ambulance. A long trip can be stressful to someone who is ill, which makes compassionate and quality care so important. ACC Medlink provides comfort, health monitoring and emotional support to all of its long-distance ambulance patients.
• State-to-state medical transport. The company’s vehicles are state of the art and provide accommodation for both patients and their family members. There are three beds in every vehicle and an entertainment system to help patients and their families pass the time on their trip.
• Non-emergency medical transport. This service provides timely transportation services along with a caring and experienced staff who will assist the patient with basic comfort, personal hygiene and medical support during their journey.
• Standard transport service. This can be from a home to a hospital and back or moving from one state to another. Each vehicle is assigned transport specialists to ensure the care and comfort of the patient. In addition, each vehicle comes with two drivers and a nurse so there is enough help in case of an emergency.
• Bariatric transport service. Bariatric surgery is a major procedure to enhance the life quality of the patient. Special monitoring and support is required after this event as the patient is taken home. The ACC Medlink team will go beyond the call of duty for the dignity and comfort of the patient.
• Senior transport service. Seniors may require medical transportation if they are moving a long distance or need a ride to and from the hospital and doctor’s appointments. This type of transport can also be used to move a senior from their house into a nursing home or from the senior facility to a health care provider.
While Medicare will cover medical transport services in most circumstances, it is possible that private insurance will not. Before hiring a transport company, the family of the patient should contact the insurance provider to see what is covered in the individual’s policy. Non-emergency transport is considered to be a separate service from an ambulance and will not be covered by Medicare. The patient or their family should be prepared to pay this cost out of pocket.
When it comes to medical transport services in Illinois, there are many choices. ACC Medlink is a leader in the industry, making patient safety, care, support and timely travel its top priorities. For more information, visit the website or call 1-800-550-1025.