Seven Reasons to Use a Long Distance Ambulance Service
One of the more unique services offered to patients in the medical assistance industry is that of long distance patient transport. Long distance travel of this nature is normally for those patients who are obviously not in an emergency assistance requirement. Such patients generally need to be transported to a facility that is less than 24 hours away. It is evident that traveling for long distances is going to cost much more than traveling across town. For this reason, it is going to be necessary to find a transport service that not only is cost effective, but also comfortable for the patient’s ride. Here are some beneficial reasons one might consider this type of travel.
- Patients who must travel long distances will need to ride, not only in comfort, but also in medical facility. Travel by Long Distance Ambulance assures the patient of having access to equipment that may be necessary for the travel. This might include set up for oxygen (such as for COPD patients), special equipment that might include a place to restore motorized wheelchairs, or even equipment for patients on dialysis.
- Patients who require state to state medical transport will also take comfort in knowing that during their travel, they have medical professionals who are able to respond quickly if suddenly a medical emergency occurs. Knowing that personnel are on board to provide professional CPR or other medical emergencies requiring immediate attention is comforting.
- Another advantage to consider is that most of the long distance medical travel services offer enough room for a couple of family members to accompany the patient. This is a way to travel comfortably and also be assured that your loved one is under competent medical care.
- The drivers who drive for long distance medical transport companies are professionally licensed and certified drivers. Patients using these services will not have just any driver behind the wheel who knows nothing about defensive driving. Just as commercial drivers, these drivers have to have regular updates and certifications to their driving skills.
- Quite often, a situation arises that is not an emergency, but the patient may be disabled and unable to drive himself or herself. Consequently, those patients who fall in that category need state to state disabled transport. Using long distance ambulatory services will be just the means those patients can benefit from.
- One disadvantage to traveling by one’s own personal transportation is the risk of the vehicle breaking down. While this certainly can happen with long distance medical transportation, the advantage is that those vehicles are serviced regularly and are replaced after a certain number of miles. Should the vehicle happen to break down anyway, another vehicle will immediately be delivered to carry the patient and families to their destination.
- Long distance transporting services are also good for interstate elderly transport. Often, the elderly people have poor eyesight, not suited for driving, or they are just too old to attempt to drive long distances on their own. A Long Distance Ambulance service is great to use for them.
When looking at the overall benefit of using long distance medical traveling services, the expense can be cost effective. However, the price tag still is not cheap enough for many people to just pull out of their bank account, or put on their credit card. In such cases, a lot of people are taking advantage of a website that helps to generate income for expenses as necessary medical travel. They use the website called Gofundme.com, a site set up for people to make donations to help the unfortunate receive funds necessary for their crises. If you are in need of long distance medical travel assistance, but can’t afford it, try a website such as that.