Accommodating Family Needs on State to State Elderly Transport
The elderly can sometimes be frail or fragile and need special handling and care when travelling, especially if that travel is state to state elderly transport for medical reasons. Arranging for interstate elderly transport can be difficult if you want the best possible comfort and care for your loved ones on the trip. If you want to ensure that interstate patient transport of your elderly mother or father or other loved one is done right with the best and most courteous care, then choose ACC Medlink for state to state elderly transport services.
ACC Medlink Has The Right Equipment for Interstate Patient Transport
Moving an elderly patient from a hospital to a nursing facility or other location can be uncomfortable if it isn’t handled properly. ACC Medlink has experts who can determine if it is in the patient’s best interests to be flown via Air Critical Care or be taken in one of their specially equipped state to state elderly transport vans.
ACC Medlink can handle all the patient’s needs and accommodate them with any of the following during an interstate elderly transport:
- Medical Vans that can hold up to three patients
- Highly qualified medical crew
- Services such as meals and other amenities to make the patient feel calm and secure
- Customized Stretcher Beds with 8 Inch Memory Foam Mattress
- Leather captain’s chairs or beds for family members too
- Sophisticated medical gear
- D.O.T. and A.D.A. patient restraint systems in needed
- Entertainment onboard such as DVD, TV and Wi-Fi
- Pets can come along with patient
- A nurse can be provided if the patient needs medical assistance during the interstate patient transport
Arranging for Medical Interstate Elderly Transport is Easy
- Name of Patient
- Name of facility where the patient is now
- Name of place where patient will be transported
- Physical condition of the patient: weight, height and if they can sit or move
- Medical Condition of Patient: If need things like feeding tubes, a special diet, etc
- Any need for special gear such as oxygen?
- Reason patient is being transferred
- Names of those going with the patient
Booking for state to state elderly transport must be made at least 24 hours in advance and the more time in advance the better.
Services and Care During State to State Elderly Transport
During the interstate patient transport the team onboard will help with feeding the patient, moving the patient as needed, as well as cleaning or changing diapers of the patient if needed. Please pack at least two days’ worth of the patient’s medicine for the trip.
If the patient can’t tolerate van transportation, then ACC Medlink also offers air ambulance transportation services through their Air Critical Care service. All air ambulance transports for interstate patient transport are supervised by the ACC Medlink director, Dr. Blane Crandall, MD. There are also staff members who are registered nurses and registered respiratory therapists so that your loved one is transported safely at all times. An approved medical staff with a critical care registered flight nurse or a critical care paramedic will ride with the patient.
The bottom line is that ACC Medlink will make sure that your elderly loved ones get the care and consideration needed when they must make a state to state elderly transport to a new medical location.