COVID-19 PREVENTION POLICY
ACC Medlink is committed to the safety and health of all our patients and crew. Given the coronavirus’s unfortunate spread, we recognize the need for extra vigilance and care for the safety and well-being of our patients and staff. We continuously adapt and review our Covid-19 policy and procedures according to the latest government guidelines.
We go above the CDC guidelines and offer a 15 minute on site rapid test for our patients and crew. We sterilize all equipment including our transport vans with approved chemicals and UV Light.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTANT PROCEDURE
- We maintain a stringent cleaning protocol for our premises and vehicles, with increased cleaning in high contact areas and direct-contact areas.
- The interior of our vans are cleaned continuously and sterilized with an approved disinfectant.
- We subject the interior of our medical transport vehicles to UV light treatment to maintain hygiene and kill any remaining viruses.
- We have provided hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes in our vehicles for easy cleaning and disinfectant of surfaces.
- Where possible and safe to do so, we ensure our vehicles’ windows are open to promote continuous airflow and circulation.
- These protocols are repeated after each use and/or as needed.
- Our entire staff and transporter crew are subjected to weekly Covid-19 tests using an approved 15-minute rapid testing kit we have on-site.
- Temperature checks are carried out on all our staff members on arrival.
- Every member of our staff adheres to strict social distancing measures where possible.
- Any member of our staff who show any signs of Covid-19 will be Covid tested with our rapid test kit.
- Our transport crew wear masks and hand gloves in line with CDC and official government guidelines.
- Our staff are also instructed to regularly wipe and disinfect surfaces and use hand sanitizers before and after leaving our vans.
- Our patients are subject to temperature checks before transport.
- We provide sanitizers and disinfectant wipes for our patients and ensure any luggage or bags they carry are wiped and disinfected thoroughly.
- Patients who have tested positive for Covid-19 must present a negative test result before we transport them. Speak with our transport coordinators about our 15 minute rapid test.
- If a friend or family accompanies a patient, they must adhere to all our covid19 protocols, including the use of face masks, temperature checks, and regular use of hand sanitizers..
- We do not transport Covid positive patients and do offer a 15 minute rapid result covid test. Please ask one of our transport coordinators for details.
ACC Medlink has more safe miles driven than any Long Distance Medical Transport service. We will always work to that high standard and look forward to safely and conveniently transporting patients through our wide range of medical transportation services safely and Covid free.